Want to learn more about farmers’ markets and local food? Here are a few of our favourite links:
- Foodlink Grey Bruce – An extensive and very searchable inventory of local food businesses in Grey and Bruce counties.
- Grey Bruce Agriculture & Culinary Association – “A non-profit association dedicated to the promotion and increased public awareness of fresh, local food in the community.”
- We Farm – An independent organization that aims to connect people to local farms through education.
- Green Being Farm – An organic farm in Neustadt that offers a range of livestock and organic veg through a winter CSA, proof that local eating is possible year-round.
- Ontariofresh.ca – A government-operated online marketplace of local food businesses, news and resources, including provincial grants.
- Farmers’ Markets Ontario – “The official website of Ontario farmers’ markets for managers, vendors, and shoppers”
- Farm On – Recognizing the loss of young agricultural producers in Canada, Farm On aims to inspire young farmers by offering tools, knowledge and hands-on skills
- Farmlink – A matchmaking program to connect farmers (new and established) and farmland owners.
- Young Agrarians – “A grassroots initiative made up of agriculturalists and media conspirators intent on growing food sustainably… a network to celebrate, connect and recruit young farmers…the movers and shakers of a new agrarian movement.”
- Canadian Organic Growers – A 35-year-old publication that reaches over 2,500 farmers, gardeners, and consumers across Canada.
- FarmStart – An online resource aimed to “encourage and support a new generation of entrepreneurial, ecological farmers.”
- Canadian Agricultural Loans Act Program – “A financial loan guarantee program that gives farmers easier access to credit.”
- Seeds of Diversity – A Canadian volunteer organization that grows, propagates, and distributes 2,900 crop varieties. They distribute a seed catalogue to their members twice a year.
- USC Canada – A service organization that strives to “promote vibrant family farms, strong rural communities, and healthy ecosystems around the world.”
- Over Grow the System – A video-filled website devoted to “raising awareness about our food system, sustainability, and how to live a life more in tune with nature.”